By Rob Bricken in Miscellaneous
Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 3:59 pm
• Speaking of the Doctor, his new companion's name is -- DUN DUN DUNH! -- Clara. I did not feel this warranted its own news article.
• The ratings for Toonami's triumphant return were good, but not especially triumphant. Ratings were up among Young Males Who Advertisers Give a Shit About, but not much more than the regular Adult Swim Saturday ratings. Basically, please keep watching (Via ANN).
• SlyDante has alerted me to what is very possibly the best bundle in PC gaming -- the Humble pack, which contains Psychonauts, Limbo, Amnesia, Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery, and Bastion, all for about $7. The proceeds go to charity. Oh, and you get their soundtracks, too. I'm a console guy, but goddamn, that's amazing. I wish these things came to Xbox Live and PSN.
• The heartwarming movie about an alien who keeps touching underage boys with his glowing finger, dresses in women's clothing, and looks for all the world like a giant, sentient scrotum is coming to Blu-ray this fall. (Via /Film)
• If you're in the Wilmington, DE, area between June 7th and June 17th, you might want to check out "Star Wars: A New Musical Hope." There's a trailer here, and you can get more info and tickets here. Although if no one sings "Good Night, But Not Goodbye" I'm going to be incredibly disappointed.
* "Shit That You Need to Know Which Aren't Full-Article Worthy and Aren't Thematically Similar."