By Rob Bricken in Movies
Monday, November 5, 2012 at 12:00 pm
The second new Muppets movie has a premiere date of December 20th, 2013, which means all the rumors we've been hearing are probably true and probably going to stay true. These include:
• It's going to be a caper movie set in Europe. (Does that sound familiar to anyone?)
• It's being written by the same dudes who wrote the first one.
• Jason Segel will not star (but may cameo).
• Christoph Waltz will play in Interpol agent.
• Fight of the Conchords' Bret McKenzie will be composing the songs again.
The fact that McKenzie is doing more Muppets music would be reason enough to celebrate, but given how fun the first movie was, it's all good news. I'm a little concerned that this movie is just going to be a rehash of The Great Muppet Caper, but since The Muppets was pretty much a rehash of the original Muppet Movie and was great, I'm going to lose any sleep over it. Of course, if this new movie contains a single shot of Charles Grodin in jail for his crimes in Caper, it will not only justify its entire existence but cement its place as the second greatest movie ever made... after Caper, obviously. (Via Collider)