• Here's six, count 'em, six new clips from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. They are fun, but, as I keep mentioning, STILL NOT AS GOOD AS THIS. (Via io9)
• After weeks of rumors, it has been confirmed that Jamie Foxx will be Electro in the new Spider-Man film. Foxx talked with Entertainment Tonight about his thoughts on the character:
"Electro is a great character," Jamie tells ET's Nancy O'Dell when she asks him if he's confirmed to be in the next installment of the blockbuster franchise "I met with the director, Mark Webb, I met with Andrew Garfield, and we talked. ... I think Electro will be an exciting character to play because he's a ... genius electrician-type person, and he gets the short end of the stick from the whole world, and the next thing you know he turns it on."
As long as the script doesn't have him making jokes about short-circuiting Spidey's plans, I'm fine with this. What do you all think?
• Whoa. In a surprise move, Karen Berger announced yesterday. that she will be leaving her position as Executive Editor and Senior Vice President for DC's Vertigo imprint after nearly 20 years. Comics Alliance has a rundown of reactions from a variety of folks all of which illustrate how respected and loved she was within the industry that she helped shape. This is a huge shake-up for DC, so stay tuned to see what this will mean for its Vertigo line.
• Danny John-Jules speaks about The Cat's virginity and the recently aired Red Dwarf X in this Digital Spy interview.
• Pop Candy has an interview with They Might Be Giants about the group's 30th anniversary. They're older then they've ever been and now they're even older...
• Nerd Milestone Alert: Doctor Who will grace the cover of TV Guide for the first time ever with next week's issue. This momentous occasion came about as a result of the magazine's third "Fan Favorites" poll, proving yet again that Whovians are a mobilized force to be reckoned with. (If Who lost out to The Big Bang Theory I think there might have been an epidemic of suicides in which fans hanged themselves with the Fourth Doctor's scarf). You can pick up the issue for yourself when it hits stores on Thursday. Geronimo!